- Please review these official rules before entering the contest.
- Entrants who are minors: you must obtain the consent of your parent or legal guardian before entering the contest.
- Entry to the contest is free and No payment or purchase is necessary to enter or win. A payment or purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
- Void where prohibited by law.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN
SECTION A – SPECIFIC TERMS FOR THIS CONTEST
Overview; Object of the Contest. The Contest is to select teams of students from amongst the following group of countries: Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam, to attend and participate in the Autodesk Panorama 2012 Boot-camp (the “Panorama Bootcamp”). The selected winner teams (the “Selected Participants”) will attend a four-day boot-camp, where they will be mentored and guided by assigned industry experts. The Panorama Bootcamp is currently scheduled to be held in Singapore from 5 to 9 November 2012 but host country, venue and dates are subject to change. Participants in the Panorama Bootcamp shall include, but will not be drawn exclusively, from this Contest. To enter the Contest, participants shall create a design that fits within the requirements and meets the Criteria of one of three (3) different design categories (as described in Section A.VIII (“Judging”) below) and are submitted in accordance with the requirements identified in Section A.V (“How to Enter”) below.
Eligibility. The contest is open only to students who, at the time of entry, are:
- At least 18 years old or over the age of majority in their jurisdiction or residence, whichever is older (or are, if below the aforesaid age-limit(s), registered full-time students of polytechnics in Singapore at the time of entry*); and are
- Legal residents of one of the following countries: Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey or Vietnam.
Certain individuals are excluded from eligibility to enter or win, as described in Section B.2 (“Exclusions from Eligibility”) below. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter the Contest, and no purchase or payment will improve your chances of winning in any way.
Eligibility to receiving a prize is conditional upon the Selected Participant’s availability to attend the Panorama Bootcamp (including but not limited to ensuring any passport and visa requirements are obtained). In the event that any Selected Participant(s) are disqualified from receiving prize(s), the Sponsor in its sole discretion may decide whether replacement Selected Participant(s) should be selected. In this event, any replacement(s) will be selected based on the Criteria. To the extent not prohibited by law, to sign a Winner’s Declaration and Release which includes a declaration of eligibility, grant of publicity rights and a liability release, to the extent not prohibited by law, prior to receipt of a prize.
(*If on the Start Date you are a “minor,” meaning that you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you must obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian, and your parent or legal guardian must consent to be bound by these Rules as if he or she were an entrant, before you submit an entry. Sponsor reserves the right to require minors to submit proof of parental/guardian permission and consent to these Rules at any time, without which they may be immediately disqualified from the Contest.)
Start Date and Deadline. The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on 1 July 2012 (the “Start Date”). Entries for the Contest must be received by Sponsor no later than 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on 30 September 2012 (the “Deadline”).
- How to Enter. All entries must comply with the entry requirements identified in these Rules (including in this Section A and in Section B below), as well as with any specific on the “Registration” page for the Contest on the Sponsor’s contest site [http://www.autodeskpanorama.com/] (the “Sponsor Site”). It is each entrant’s responsibility to ensure compliance with those requirements.
- Select the category (from 3) you wish to participate in;
- Document your project and submit at least 3 project images (up to 6 project images) in JPEG format, 1 image must be of the final design;
- All images should not be more than 1.5Mb in total.
The following rules on submission shall also be complied with:
- Only projects completed on or after January 1, 2012 will be accepted.
- Only projects completed by using Autodesk software will be accepted. See software requirement in Section A.VIII (“Judging”).
- Projects submitted in other contests or competitions shall not be eligible.
- Each team must consist of at least 1 member and maximum 3 members. All team members must be from the same country and must fulfill the eligibility requirements in Section A.III (“Eligibility”) or the entire team will be disqualified.
- Entries must be the original collective work of the team named in the entry.
- Contest Submission Closing Date is 30 September 2012.
- Submitted materials will not be returned.
- Upon submission of the animated work and entry form, entrants grant organizing committee the right to use all or part of the entry, the submitted project and any related materials for publicity purposes of the Contest and/or the Panorama Bootcamp.
Please note that in some jurisdictions, the publication of your project on the Sponsor Site could materially affect intellectual property rights (e.g., adversely affect patent and design rights) that you may own in the project. You should make your own inquiries and seek your own advice on this issue.
Winner Selection. A total of at least sixty (60) Selected Participants, with at least twenty (20) Selected Participants from each category (the number of teams will vary depending on the different composition of the Selected Participants teams) will be selected as winners in this Contest. The Selected Participants will be announced on or around 15 October 2012. Each Selected Participant will be awarded only the prize(s) as described below in Section A.VII (“Prize(s)”).
- Prize(s). The prize(s) to be awarded to each Selected Participant is/are as follows:
- Invitation to attend and participate in the Panorama Bootcamp in the category under which the participant entered the Panorama Contest.
- Accommodation (shared arrangement basis) at a hotel/hostel of the Sponsor's choice and event-sponsored meals for the Selected Participant during the Panorama Bootcamp, and one (1) return economy class air ticket from the Selected Participant’s specified country of residence to the country where the Panorama Bootcamp will be held. Sponsor will have the final decision on the selection of airline and flight details. All other incidental costs, such as but not limited to additional accommodation, other meal/transportation costs, passport costs, travel insurance, departure taxes, airport transfers and all other personal expenditures will be at the Selected Participant's own expense.
- 1 team from Manufacturing and Architecture categories will stand a chance to win the bonus award – Sustainability Design Award. Each team from each category with the top score in sustainability design criteria will be awarded with the Sustainability Design Award - USD $1,500 cash prize with a Certificate and Trophy.
Retail value of the prize(s) will vary depending on the Selected Participant’s place of residence. It is each Selected Participant’s responsibility to ascertain what his/her personal passport, visa, health, travel, insurance and other relevant requirements are, and ensure they are fully complied with. Failure to do so may result in prizes being forfeited, and Sponsor shall not be liable to reimburse any expense Selected Participants incurred in the event of such forfeiture.
Judging. All entries that are in compliance with the Rules will be judged on the basis of the criteria (the “Criteria”) set out below for each of the three following categories:
- Manufacturing Category
- Description: To create an innovative design product using Autodesk Inventor that will “Shape The Future". It can either be an improvement of an existing product or a brand new product. The design will be judged on the basis of thebroad use of Autodesk Inventor’s capabilities, innovation and aesthetic appeal.
- Software requirement: Autodesk Inventor
- Design criteria:
- Overall Design
- Creative Ability
- Design Methods
- Sustainability Design Criteria, click here to find out more
- Design Process – 100 words max
- Use of Sustainable Design Strategies – 500 words max
- Architecture Category
- Description: To design a conceptual Futuristic Urban Architectural icon using Revit Architecture. This design can be a commercial, institutional or residential project that depicts "Contemporary Living". The design concept should be region-specific and address the principles of sustainability or concepts of building intelligence.
- Software requirement: Revit Architecture
- Design criteria:
- Holistic approach to concept through to finalisation
- Design feasibility
- Sustainability Design Criteria, click here to find out more
- Design Process – 100 words max
- Use of Sustainable Design Strategies – 500 words max
- Description: To create a rendered shot, to a maximum of 5min in length, illustrating your interpretation of the subject matter “Shape The Future" using Autodesk 3D animation software.
- Design criteria:
- Overall Design
- Creative Ability
- Technical Excellence
All entries will be judged according to the above Criteria by a panel of three or more senior members of Autodesk's Design teams (the "Judges"), which will choose the Selected Participants from the pool of all eligible entries. The Judges will base their selection of the winning entries on the Criteria. At the Judges' discretion, entries including unsuitable content or that are in violation of third party rights (including, but not limited to, copyright or trademark rights) will be immediately disqualified. The Judges have the right to disqualify any entry that is not in compliance with these Rules, in the Judges' sole and absolute discretion. SPONSOR WILL NOT CORRESPOND WITH ENTRANTS ABOUT THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES OR THE DETERMINATION OF THE WINNERS OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THE RULES Further information on the steps and process of voting and judging can be found in Section B below.
SECTION B – ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR THIS CONTEST
Exclusions from Eligibility. Employees of Sponsor, any Co-Sponsor, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, or advertising or promotional agencies (including without limitation any Judges who are employees of Sponsor, any Co-Sponsor or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates), as well as members of their households or their immediate families (i.e., spouses, parents and children), may submit entries in the Contest, but any such entries are for information and entertainment purposes only and are not eligible to be considered for the purpose of selecting finalists or winners. Judges who are not employees of Sponsor, any Co-Sponsor or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates, are not eligible to enter or win, nor are members of their households or their immediate families (i.e., spouses, parents and children). Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor shall have no liability to any entrant or any other person in the event that Sponsor inadvertently awards a prize to any non-eligible person(s). In addition, each entrant acknowledges and accepts that Sponsor may be prohibited by applicable law from permitting entry by or awarding a prize to any person falling into one or more of the following prohibited categories: (a) a national or resident of Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or any other country for which trade with the United States has been prohibited or restricted by any statute, regulation, order, rule, treaty, or other law of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction in any manner that would prevent the awarding or delivery of any prize to the entrant; (b) a person on the U.S. Table of Denial Orders, Entity List, List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons, or any other similar list of any applicable jurisdiction, or any person affiliated with any person or entity on any such list; (c) an official or representative of any foreign government; or (d) any other person to whom the awarding or delivery of any prize would violate any applicable statute, regulation, order, rule, treaty, or other law or any of Sponsor's policies. If an entrant falls into any of the above prohibited categories, such entrant is not eligible to win any prizes.
- Entry. Multiple entries are not permitted. Entrants must agree to join the Autodesk Student Facebook Page [http://www.facebook.com/Autodeskedcommunity] to enter the Contest. Joining the Autodesk Student Facebook Page for purposes of entering the Contest is free of charge. Sponsor will award the applicable prize to the named entrant only, except in the case of a minor, to such minor’s named parent or legal guardian only unless specific consent from such parent or legal guardian to award the prize to such minor in accordance has been obtained. Upon submission, all entries become subject to the Rules and the Sponsor’s policies (including without limitation the provisions regarding use of user submissions as stated on the Sponsor Site and further described in Section B.15 (“Advertising and Marketing”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, entries to the Contest shall only be valid after the entry is accepted by Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants are permitted to modify or update an entry after submission, but are not permitted to do so after the Deadline. Entries may remain posted on the Contest page of the Sponsor Site indefinitely following the Deadline, but Sponsor reserves the right to delete entries from the Contest page after the Contest ends, in its discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to delete entries from the Contest page and other pages of the Sponsor Site, at any time in its discretion, if such entries infringe or may infringe any third party’s rights. Sponsor and Co-Sponsor will have no responsibility for, and will have the right to refuse in its discretion, any entries that have been tampered with, or entries that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible, whether due to Internet or e-mail server failure or otherwise. Proof of transmission of an entry shall not constitute proof of receipt. It is each entrant’s responsibility to keep Sponsor informed of any changes to entrant’s contact or other information during the Contest.
Additional Entry Requirements. Without limitation to other requirements specified herein, each entry also must comply with the following:
- Entries must not contain anything that is or may be: (i) threatening, harassing, degrading or hateful; (ii) defamatory; (iii) fraudulent or tortious; (iv) obscene, indecent or otherwise objectionable; (v) deemed to cause feelings of disharmony, enmity, hatred or hostility between different religious or racial groups; (vi) protected by copyright, trademark, patents, utility models, design patents or other proprietary right without the express prior written consent of the owner of such right; or (vii) dangerous or potentially dangerous, or that would encourage dangerous behavior from viewers, such as use of explosives and/or harmful substances; or (vii) contrary to governmental policies of any country whose residents are eligible to enter the Contest; and
- Entries must not contain any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability or that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense.
Voting. Prior to or after the Deadline, Sponsor may arrange for members of the Autodesk Student Facebook Page to vote for their favorite entry. Such voting is for entertainment purposes only and will not be factored in as part of the Criteria for judging the Contest.
Judging Process. After the submission period closes, the Judges will rank each eligible entry based on the Criteria. The entries with the highest scores will be selected as the winners.
The Judges have the right to disqualify any entry that is not in compliance with these Rules. In the event that a winning entry is disqualified, the next-highest scoring entry will be selected as the alternate winner. In the event that one or more of the identified Judges is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Judges of comparable qualification, to be determined by Sponsor in its discretion.
The Contest is entirely skill-based and contains no elements based on chance. The standards applied during the judging process focus on assessing each entry’s properties. By the mere submission of an entry, an entrant acquires no automatic right to be awarded a prize, nor any other right except for the right to have such entry reviewed and evaluated subject to these Rules.
Prize Terms. If a stated prize is unavailable, Sponsor has the right to substitute one or more items of equal or greater value, in its discretion. No prize is, and the winner(s) have no right to claim that any prize is, exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash. The winner(s) will be solely responsible for all expenses related to the receipt and use of all prize(s) other than those expenses expressly included in the description of the prize(s) in Section A.VII (“Prize(s)”) above. The winner(s) will be solely responsible for complying with any and all applicable statutes, laws (including, without limitation, common law, if applicable), rules and regulations and for bearing any personal income, VAT, withholding taxes, customs duties, or other taxes, fees, insurance, surcharges or other costs relating to receiving, claiming or collecting any prize.
Winner(s) are hereby informed of the liability to pay all taxes on the prize(s) received; such taxes shall be paid by the winner(s). Each winner shall be responsible for reporting his or her individual income tax generated from the prize to relevant tax authorities on his or her own and, for residents subject to tax obligations on the prize by any country, shall promptly submit to Sponsor a tax payment proof showing that such tax has been fully paid. If the winner fails to submit such proof within a reasonable period of time as required by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the winner from entitlement to the prize and the winner shall be deemed to have waived his or her right to claim the prize and shall be further obligated, upon Sponsor’s request, to return the prize to Sponsor at his or her own cost. THE PRIZE(S) WILL BE GIVEN AWAY BY SPONSOR AND ANY CO-SPONSOR(S) “AS IS.” SPONSOR AND ANY CO-SPONSORS DO NOT MAKE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, ANY WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR PORTION THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, CONSUMER GUARANTEES AND SIMILAR RIGHTS, IN WHICH CASE SUCH EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION. WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, IN RELATION TO THE PRIZES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, LAW (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMMON LAW, IF APPLICABLE), RULE, REGULATION, OR OTHERWISE, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
Announcement; Award of Prize(s). The Selected Participants will be announced on October 15, 2012 (“Winners Announcement Date”) on the Sponsor Site. Additionally, as a condition to receiving a prize, the Winners (and, if a winner is a minor, the winner’s parent or legal guardian) may be required, to the extent not prohibited by law, to sign a Winner’s Declaration and Release which includes a declaration of eligibility, grant of publicity rights and a liability release, to the extent not prohibited by law, prior to receipt of a prize. Sponsor is under no obligation to use the winning designs in any media. Winners must take possession of the prize as directed by Sponsor. Failure to comply with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification and the selection of alternate Winner. Winners will be solely responsible for complying with any and all applicable federal, state, local, or other statutes, regulations, and other laws and for bearing any personal income or other taxes, fees, insurance, surcharges or other costs relating to any prize. Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with the Winner’s social security or tax payer identification number for tax purposes.
Representations. By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the entrant meets all eligibility requirements of the Contest; (b) in entering and participating in the Contest, the entrant has complied and will comply in all respects with these Rules, the Sponsor’s policies, and all applicable statutes, laws (including, without limitation, common law, if applicable), rules and regulations; and (c) the information provided in the entrant’s entry, including without limitation all contact information, is true, accurate, and complete in all respects.
Assumption of Risk. By taking any action to create an entry for the Contest, each entrant, on his or her own behalf and on behalf of his or her personal representatives, heirs, executors, and assigns, acknowledges and agrees that: (a) ENTRANT AND HIS OR HER PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AND ASSIGNS HAVE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CREATION OF THE ENTRY, WHICH IS DESIGNED AND CREATED BY THE ENTRANT FOLLOWING HIS OR HER OWN DECISION AND INITIATIVE DEPENDING ON THE WAY IN WHICHIN HIS OR HER SOLE DISCRETION, ENTRANT DECIDES TO CREATE SUCH ENTRY, AND EVEN THOUGH THE CONTEST DOES NOT REQUIRE OR OTHERWISE ENCOURAGE DANGEROUS BEHAVIOR, THERE MAY BE DANGER AND RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE INVOLVED IN CREATING AN ENTRY; (b) THESE RISKS AND DANGERS MAY ARISE FROM FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE CAUSES; (c) SUCH ENTRANT AND HIS OR HER PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AND ASSIGNS ASSUME ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER LOSS ARISING OUT OF THE CREATION OF ANY ENTRY, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE; and (d) Subject to applicable law, such entrant and his or her personal representatives, heirs, executors, and assigns are relinquishing any and all rights he, she, or they now have or may have in the future to sue or take any other action against Sponsor, any Co-Sponsor, the prize manufacturers, any other entities involved in the administration of the Contest, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (the “Sponsor Parties”) on the basis of any injury, death, damage, or other loss that may be suffered arising from any action taken in the creation of any entry, including but not limited to claims based on allegations of negligence by any of the Sponsor Parties or use of any machinery or materials. Without limitation, Sponsor Parties shall have no liability to any entrant or any other person in the event that the entry or any acts or omissions of the entrant violates any of these Rules.
Release. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor Parties from any and all responsibility, liability, damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory, and other damages), losses, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to: (a) entry or participation in the Contest, including but not limited to disputes among individuals claiming to have contributed to any winning entry; (b) any violation by the entrant of these Rules, the Sponsor’s policies, or applicable laws; (c) misappropriation, infringement, or other violation of any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of publicity, privacy, or other legal or contractual right of any person attributable to entrant or any entry submitted by entrant; (d) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any prize or any item purchased with any prize (e.g., if the prize includes a gift card); (e) any entries or votes that have been tampered with or that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible; (f) any problems or technical malfunctions (including but not limited to errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation or transmission) of any computer, telephone, modem, cable, satellite, network, hardware, online system, server, software, or other equipment or provider, including any incorrect, incomplete, garbled or jumbled information resulting therefrom; (g) any Internet traffic congestion or website accessibility or delays; (h) printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials; or (i) any other technical or human error that may occur in connection with the Contest (the “Causes”). If anyone makes any claim against any of the Sponsor Parties arising out of or relating to any of the Causes attributable to the entrant, the entrant will pay for any damages, losses, liabilities, costs, penalties, and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ and experts’ fees and costs, incurred in connection with such claim. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE SPONSOR PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN STATUTE, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) CONTRACT, OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR OTHERWISE, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES AND OTHER LIABILITY (INCLUDING INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) IN WHICH CASE SUCH LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RULE, STATUTE OR REGULATION IN THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR FRAUD, OR FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT SUCH EXCLUSION IS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Misconduct. Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion, to disqualify any entrant who: (a) tampers with the entry or voting process, the operation of the Contest, the Sponsor Site, or affiliated websites; (b) acts in an unsporting or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy or harass another person; (c) is otherwise in violation of these Rules, the Sponsor’s policies, or any applicable laws; or (d) attempts to subvert the letter and/or spirit of these Rules. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Governing Law; Dispute Resolution. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that these Rules will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of (a) Switzerland if the entrant’s principal place of residence is in a country in Europe, Africa or the Middle East, (b) Singapore if the entrant’s principal place of residence is in a country in Asia, Oceania or the Asia-Pacific region, or (c) the State of California (and, to the extent controlling, the federal laws of the United States) if the entrant’s principal place of residence is in a country in the Americas (including the Caribbean) or any other country not specified in this Section 16 (Governing Law; Dispute Resolution); provided, however, that in respect of all claims, actions and disputes brought by any of the Sponsor Parties, these Rules and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California (and, to the extent controlling, the federal laws of the United States). The laws of such jurisdictions shall govern without reference to the conflicts-of-laws rules thereof. The UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act shall not apply to (and are excluded from the laws governing) these Rules. In addition, by entering the Contest, entrants agree that any claim, action or dispute arising under or relating to this Agreement will be brought exclusively in (and the parties will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of) the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Marin, or the United States District Court for the Northern District of California in San Francisco, except that (other than with respect to claims, actions or disputes brought by any of the Sponsor Parties) if the entrant’s principal place of residence is in (a) a country in Europe, Africa or the Middle East, any such claim or dispute will be brought exclusively in (and the parties will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of) the courts of Switzerland, or (b) a country in Asia, Oceania or the Asia-Pacific region, any such claim or dispute will be brought exclusively in (and the parties will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of) the courts of Singapore. By entering the Contest, each entrant submits to the jurisdiction of those courts and waives any objection to those courts, whether on the basis of jurisdiction, venue, inconvenience of the forum, or otherwise. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, nothing will prevent any of the Sponsor Parties from bringing an action for infringement of intellectual property rights in any country where such infringement is alleged to occur.
Miscellaneous. If any part of these Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such part will be modified by such court to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable while preserving to the maximum extent possible the original intent of and the remaining parts of these Rules will remain in full force and effect. Nothing contained herein or in any of the Contest related materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor of any Co-Sponsor, or of Sponsor or any Co-Sponsor of any third party, product, or service. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Sponsor may decline to process requests that are unreasonable or unreasonably repetitive.
Winner’s List. The user name(s) and entries of the Contest winner(s) will be posted on the Sponsor Site, within fourteen (14) days of the Winners’ Announcement Date. Winners will also be notified by email and/or telephone. In addition, the names of the winner(s) may be obtained by sending a written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the below address (mailed requests must include the words “WINNER’S LIST” and the full name of the Contest prominently in the first line of the address):
AUTODESK PANORAMA 2012
Attention: Bobby Tan
Autodesk Asia Pte Ltd
3 Fusionopolis Way
All such requests must be received within six (6) months of the Winners Announcement Date.
© 2012 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Autodesk is a registered trademark or trademark in the United States of Autodesk, Inc.
Other brands may be trademarks of their respective owners.